This naturally sweetened pineapple jam you can easily make at home. It has much less sugar than any store bought jam. Tools: Knife and cutting board, blender, measuring spoons, saucepan and spatula
- 1 medium size pineapple (approximately 1.5 lbs)
- 1 tablespoon tapioca starch or pectin
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- optional) ¼ teaspoon pure stevia extract powder (Now brand
- Dice the pineapple and then puree in a blender with the tapioca starch or pectin.
- Pour the pineapple puree into a saucepan over medium heat. Cook and let the water evaporate. Stir continuously to prevent the jam from burning. Approximately 10 minutes.
- Add chia seeds. Add stevia if you want extra sweetness.
- Let the jam cool to room temperature and then store in a clean glass jar. It can be kept in refrigerator up to 10 days.