- 1 cup sweetened red bean paste
- 1 cup sweet rice flour (Mochiko)
- 1 tsp. Yuve Matcha green tea
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Wrap red bean paste in aluminum foil and place in the freezer for about 3h.
- Mix Mochiko and Matcha properly, then stir in water and sugar. Place the mixture in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Cook the “dough” for 3,5 min, then stir it and cook again for 20 seconds. While cooking, take out red bean paste and make equal balls out of it. Set aside.
- While the “dough” is hot, roll small mocha balls. Then flatten the mocha balls and put 1 ball of red paste in the center. Gently cover red beans balls with the mocha dough.
- Sprinkle with additional Matcha powder to prevent stickiness. Garnish with fruits or nuts. Place Matcha Mochi cake on the plate in the fridge to cool off.