Tools: A small mixing bowl, measuring cups, high speed blender, cheesecloth, 4-quart saucepan with lid.
- ⅓ cup black beans
- ⅔ cup soybeans
- 6 cups water
- (optional) ½ teaspoon pure stevia extract powder
- Rinse and soak black beans and soybeans with cold water in a bowl for at least 6 hours. Drain and rinse well.
- Transfer half of the soaked beans into a blender; add 3 cups of water. Blend the soybean approximately 1 minute or until it is smooth.
- Line a saucepan with a single layer of muslin cloth, then pour the blended soybean water mixture into the muslin cloth.
- Repeat step 2 and 3 to finish the rest of the beans.
- Collect all ends of muslin cloth and squeeze out the liquid (soy milk) to strain the mixture.
- Boil the liquid on the stove top. After boiling, simmer for 1 minute.