“I got up one morning with a huge muffin craving. I wanted something that tasted like orange and that was grain free as well. I quickly created the recipe for these paleo orange muffins that’s so easy and quick to make that, by the time you are ready to start your day, your paleo breakfast will be ready for you! Warm and delicious like you just walked into an artisan bakery!
… Or at least that’s what I often feel for breakfast after being born and raised in Italy, where breakfast happens with pastries and croissants!
You know me, I love baking. Top them with acai powder and a dollop of fig jam.”
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons low-calorie natural sweetener (such as Swerve®)
- 1/2 tablespoon sweet potato starch, sifted
- 1/2 cup tigernut flour
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup cassava flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon stevia powder, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 12 dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Beat eggs and sweetener in a bowl until foamy, about 3 minutes. Stir in potato starch; mix well. Add tigernut flour and orange juice; mix until well combined. Whisk in cassava flour, vanilla extract, stevia powder, and cinnamon until batter is smooth. Fold in baking soda and cream of tartar.
- Pour batter into a 12-cup silicone muffin mold; top each muffin with 1 dried cranberry.
- Bake in the preheated oven until tops spring back when lightly pressed, about 15 minutes.