We are now accepting applications!!
Hi there! It's that time of the year again: as of Monday, October 4, the IWK Community Grants Program is now accepting applications for our 2011/2012 grant program. The IWK Community Grants program contributes $300K annually to non-profit and charitable projects across Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island and New Brunswick that promote wellness and healthy living and that support at least one of the following IWK Health Centre priorities:
- Supporting the healthy growth and development of children 0-6 years, including the prenatal period.
- Preventing child/youth obesity.
- Supporting parents of children 0-16 in their parenting role.
- Addressing the needs of "at risk" youth.
- Improving women's wellness across the adult and senior years.
- Reducing incidence/severity of child and youth injuries.
I have attached the grant application form to this email. More detailed information on the grant program, including Frequently Asked Questions, can be found on www.iwk.nshealth.ca or www.iwkfoundation.org. Please also find attached our annual newsletter, detailing the grants that were given out last year.
Please note, the deadline for applications is 4:00 p.m. on November 30, 2010.
For more information, please contact Julie Harrington, IWK Community Grants Coordinator at (902) 443-2563 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.